[TRNSYS-users] Compiling and creating DLL of new components

Hung Duong via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Oct 20 16:04:05 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I have started learning how to use Trnsys to simulate a solar thermal desalination process. For my simulation, I have to build new components and integrated them to Trnsys. I don't have Visual Compact Fortran on my desk computer (which has Trnsys installed on it). Thus, whenever I build a new component, and export it to Fortran, there is always an error message about missing file (might be the compiler), and the DLL file cannot be generated. Trnsys still creates fortran skeleton for the component.

I have Visual compact fortran on my personal computer. Is it possible to use Visual compact fortran on my personal computer to compile and create DLL file for my components and copy them back to Trnsys on desk computer? If anyone has the same problem to me (need to build new components but don't have fortran compiler installed together with Trnsys), please briefly show me how to solve this.

With kind regards,
Hung Cong DUONG
PhD Candidate; B.Eng.; M.Eng.
School of Civil, Mining, and Environmental Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences
The University of Wollongong, NSW 2522

Email: hungcd at uow.edu.au<mailto:hungcd at uow.edu.au>
             chd581 at uowmail.edu.au<mailto:chd581 at uowmail.edu.au>
             hungduongcong at gmail.com<mailto:hungduongcong at gmail.com>
Skype: hungduongcong
Mobile: +61 0415 743 544
P Before printing, please consider the environment