[TRNSYS-users] Trnsys17

Chiara Colucci via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Nov 7 05:32:51 PST 2016

Hi Jacob,
I don't know if you remember me. I am analyzing the energy needs of a
building in an urban setting. I modeled in TRNSYS a canyon through virtual
windows adopting the "solution 1" proposed by you. Now I want to analyze
the difference between the model with canyon like thermal zone (including
multiple reflections) (model A) and the model without canyon (model B) (see
figures). The solar radiation absorbed by facades overlooking canyon should
be the same in the two models. This does not happen: the solar radiation
absorbed in the model A is less than in the model B. Why?
Thank you
Best regard
Chiara Colucci

(Model A)