[TRNSYS-users] Basement modeling - Sous-sol in French!

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Nov 6 07:09:59 PST 2016

Ismail,

Your approach of connecting the soil temperature to the boundary temperature will work but will likely over-estimate the loads - sometimes significantly.  The storage in the ground around the basement can play an important role.  There are several good ground modeling components out there but I would recommend Type1267 from TESS after looking at your schematic.  The model will likely slow down the simulation but will provide MUCH more realistic results.  And with the included soil temperature viewer you'll be able to visualize the heat transfer into the soil.  We use it on all of our basement projects.  There are several tricks we can share to help with the simulation speed issue too.

Jeff Thornton

Sent from my iPhone