[TRNSYS-users] The TRNSYS processor has reported an illegal variable name in an EQUATIONS or CONSTANTS card.

Erfan m via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Nov 6 00:57:41 PDT 2016

hi to all transys users,

I'm modeling a solar cooling system in the studio, i have cooling loads of
the building that is estimated using Design builder software. i put the
hourly cooling load in a exel, .xls file to import in type9 component of
trnsys and use an equation to gain the temperature data in connect it to a
fan-coil unit. problem is after running the model, there an error that says
equations or constants must not begin with END,INC, EQU, CON. but there is
not any of these names in my project equation component.
please help me how to get rid of it.

Erfan Malekian,
M.Eng. in Energy Conversion,
Mechanical Engineering Department,
Azad university of Semnan, Semnan, Iran
malekian.e at gmail.com

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message     11 : The TRNSYS processor has reported an illegal
variable name in an EQUATIONS or CONSTANTS card.  Equations or constants
must not begin with END, INC, EQU or CON as these are protected codes
required when reading the TRNSYS input file.  The offending variable name
is listed below.
    Reported information  : INCIDENT