[TRNSYS-users] error - shiding/insulation matrix

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri May 20 07:30:57 PDT 2016

If you aren't interested in the impact of the PV on the building itself, and just want to use the building model to do the shading, then there are easier ways.  I would suggest you take a look at the shading mask model in TRNSYS and use google sketch up to calculate the obstruction angles for that model.  Then connect the shaded radiation from that model to the PV models.  In this way you can get as rigorous as you like.  You can model every single PV module individually with each one having different shading or you can lump them together into one array on each roof.  But please keep one of the earlier comments in mind - PV arrays can operate differently under partial shading conditions so make sure you do a little investigating....

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone