[TRNSYS-users] Welcome to the "TRNSYS-users" mailing list

Chaminda Ranaweera chaminda.ranaweera at tu-clausthal.de
Mon May 9 03:21:36 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am a Student at Clausthal University of Technology,
Germany. I want to analyze Solar PV Outputs with its
orientation and installed on actual buildings.

I modeled the building geometry by using GoogleSketchup
and imported to TrnBuild. Now I run the building
Simulation at TrnSys. It Shows the total beam solar
Radiation and total solar Radiation on Roof of the
building.

But I want to analyze the solar PV Output installed on the
building Roof. Is it ok to get the solar Radiation on Roof
of the building as a Input to solar PV Panels. The
building is having a shading itself. It calculates the
average solar Radiation on the surface as I know. I want
to install solar PV Panels all over the Roof surface. So,
to simulate the shading effects of different solar pv
Arrays on the Roof.

Basically I want to calculate the solar PV Output on solar
PV installed on a Roof of a given building.

Can you kindly help me to do the above Simulation.

Thank You,

Chaminda Ranaweera