[TRNSYS-users] Editing TRNSYS 3D buildings

Brian Raichle raichlebw at appstate.edu
Thu Mar 31 06:26:49 PDT 2016

Thanks for your reply, Jacob. I have a few followup questions.

I was hoping there's a way to reimport a modified idf into an existing Sim
Studio model. The "New 3D Project Wizard" doesn't allow this - that I've
seen.

In TRNBuild I don't see the "File/Import TRNSYS3D file" option, unless I
have a blank TRNBuild - not already linked to a B17 file. So I'm not able
to import a modified idf???

The tutorial makes sense to import a modified idf into a new Sim Studio or
new TRNBuild. Is there a way to reimport into an existing model?

Also (last question) - you hinted that there's a "new" TRNSYS3D way. Also,
the tutorial hasn't referred to the *bldname*_b17.idf file that's created
during import into Sim Studio. Is this now obsolete? I've never understood
how this file could get updated. Can I only worry about the idf and b17
files?

OK - one last question. A screenshot in the tutorial shows a .b18
extension. I'm using 17. Might this make a difference?

Thanks for your time, Jacob.
Brian