[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW

manoj kumar singh mksinghtu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:34:48 PDT 2016

Dear Wirich,

I will suggest you to increase the zone capacitance to at least  ​20-25
times of zone volume. If you model zone consists lot of furniture's then
make it 30-35 times of zone Volume.

As suggested by Jacob please consider bit larger geometry.

Regards,

Manoj

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:25 PM, <freppelw at noirot.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm currently learning the use of TRNFLOW. To make it simple, I designed a
> 1m3 box with SketchUp.
> In TRNSYS:
> - Firstly I just observed the air temperature inside the box without any
> incoming thermal perturbation
> - Secondly I set up a large opening (window) with an opening schedule.
>
> The result is:
> In the second case, I do observe a dramatic decrease of the temperature
> inside the box when the window is opened. However, right after it is
> closed, the temperature "jumps" to the temperature in the first case. To
> say it briefly, when I put the two graphs together, the only difference is
> when the window is opened. For the rest, it matches almost perfectly.
>
> It shouldn't be like that since the outside air temperature is far below
> the inside temperature. I expected the same temperature in both cases
> before the windows is opened. Then a dramatic decrease of the temperature
> when the window is opened. And after closing the window, I expected the
> temperature to slowly decrease according to the outside air temperature,
> keeping a temperature difference between the two cases.
>
> Do you have any idea of the problem?
> (there is not heating in my model)
>
> Wirich Freppel

*Office Address:-*

*Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh*
*JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow*
*Ex-Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Liege*
*Institute of Industrial Science (IIS),*
*Building C, 4th Floor, Room Number Cw 404, Ooka Lab,*
*The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba Meguro-ku*
*153-8505, Tokyo, Japan.*

Alternate E mail :-  mksingh at iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
                              mksinghiitd at gmail.com
                              mksinghtu at rediffmail.com

 MOBILE NO.   +81-80-7818-2195 (Mobile, Japan)
                         +81-3-5452-6431 (office, Japan)
                         +91-98-6882-0037 (Mobile, India, Presently on hold)
                 Fax: +81-3-5452-6432  (office Japan)

RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
Mr. Manoj Kumar Singh,
Shirokanedai International Lodge, RoomNumber C-606,
The University of Tokyo,
4 Chome-6-41 Shirokanedai
Minato-Ku, Tokyo 108-0071
Japan