[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW

freppelw at noirot.fr freppelw at noirot.fr
Fri Mar 11 01:25:45 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm currently learning the use of TRNFLOW. To make it simple, I designed
a 1m3 box with SketchUp.
In TRNSYS:
- Firstly I just observed the air temperature inside the box without any
incoming thermal perturbation
- Secondly I set up a large opening (window) with an opening schedule.

The result is:
In the second case, I do observe a dramatic decrease of the temperature
inside the box when the window is opened. However, right after it is
closed, the temperature "jumps" to the temperature in the first case. To
say it briefly, when I put the two graphs together, the only difference
is when the window is opened. For the rest, it matches almost perfectly.

It shouldn't be like that since the outside air temperature is far below
the inside temperature. I expected the same temperature in both cases
before the windows is opened. Then a dramatic decrease of the
temperature when the window is opened. And after closing the window, I
expected the temperature to slowly decrease according to the outside air
temperature, keeping a temperature difference between the two cases.

Do you have any idea of the problem?
(there is not heating in my model)

Wirich Freppel