[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS-MATLAB Example

Kutralingam Kandasamy via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jun 14 01:22:14 PDT 2016

Hello TRNSYS Users,

I have been trying to run the "Calling Matlab" example from TRNSYS 17 and I'm unable get it successfully running. I followed the steps carefully as this is quite well discussed amidst the TRNSYS-MATLAB users. Anyhow I have described my step-by-step procedure into this problem so far.

-          I'm using TRNSYS 17 and MATLAB R2015a 32 bit version on windows 7 platform (I have also tried other MATLAB versions R11a, R12a etc. same error)

-          I have added the MATLAB(bin/win32) and TRNSYS(installation path) directories to windows search path (in fact I have only these two paths and nothing else)

-          I have removed the TEMP property from System variables as it was HYPERLINK "http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/trnlib/trnsys-matlab/type155-manual.html"suggested that this might cause an issue. (Nevertheless I have also tried without deleting it as well)

-          I have copied the type155.dll to Exe folder of TRNSYS

-          I made sure libmat.lib, libeng.lib and libmx.lib are available in MATLAB compiler directory

The error was always the same that Type155.dll was found but could not be loaded.

Another thing I should mention is that my TRNSYS has only type155.dll files until MATLAB R2012b so when I tried to use MATLAB R2015a, I used compiler from another PC to generate respective type155.dll and just copied the dll file to the PC where I'm trying this example. Though the error remains the same no matter which version of MATLAB or which dll I use.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Best regards,

Kutralingam Kandasamy