[TRNSYS-users] Dry fluid cooler Type 511

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jul 12 08:58:20 PDT 2016

If you want the fan to run (and you do) then you should have a controller feeding a fan signal to the fluid cooler.  This can be a simple on/off differential controller, a PID, a multi-stage controller etc. You can use the same signal that is turning your chiller on and off or even the part-load output from the chiller to run the fans at a fraction of its rated speed corresponding to the current load.

But most importantly, if you suspect the fluid cooler needs a fan control signal than try that first - even if it's as simple as setting the unconnected input to a value of 1 and running it full speed.

Jeff Thornton
TESS

Sent from my iPhone