[TRNSYS-users] doubts regarding type 47b

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Mon Feb 29 12:01:46 PST 2016

Hello TRNSYS users,

I want to model a battery bank( 22 batteries, 11 series, 2 parallel).

known properties about a battery 100Ah.

 I want to model this using 47b, I am wondering about following properties of 47b.

INPUT PARAMETERS

1. Cell Energy Capacity Ah ( would that be ok to plugin 100Ah here which is total capacity of a battery )

2. Cells in parallel ( would that be ok to plugin 2 which depicts two rows of batteries)

3. Cells in Series ( would that be ok to plugin 11  which batteries in one row)

It is clearly understood that these properties are for each cell of a single battery. If I have to have enter the cell properties for a single battery. How I can model a battery bank?

OUTPUT PARAMETERS

1. State of charge: The State Of Charge is expressed in the same units as the rated cell capacity (Ah). This value is given for one cell (all cells are assumed to be identical).

Question: this values goes up to 400Ah, I wondering about this because Plugged in cell energy capacity is only 100Ah.[input1]

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sandeep Chahal

UAB