[TRNSYS-users] natural ventilation

Jean Marais via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Dec 28 23:32:17 PST 2016

Adnan, windows are building envelope components and won't ventilate unless
you "tell them to". If transflow is available to you then use it, otherwise
a link to COMMIS or CONTAM may be required.

However, there are simpler ways of modelling outdoor air entering a space.
How you model natural window ventilation depends on your simulation goals.

Often a data driven statistical approach is more appropriate than deciding
when, how much and for how long a window will remain open.

Needless to say that we usually use hourly averaged windspeed data for
simulations that can vary hugely from day to day and year to year.

Before you dive into the complex subject of human driven window
ventilation, take a step back and review what your goals are.

Best regards,

Jean Marais