[TRNSYS-users] Matlab - Trnsys coupling

Jean-Christophe VALLEE via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Dec 12 07:06:35 PST 2016

Dear all,

I am sure you already discussed about this topic but I'm a new user of
Trnsys and need your assistance.

I would like to use the type155 to couple Trnsys 16 with Matlab. I
have already read that I need a compatible version of Matlab. So I
installed Matlab R2013b 32bits. I also added to my Windows path the
bin\win32 path folder of this matlab version and have deleted the
other version of Matlab installed on my computer to avoid any problem.

When I try to launch my project, even the project-example provided by
Trnsys, I have this error message, that you certainly know : "TRNSYS
Message 105: A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either
not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A
dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or
remove it from the input file. Reported information : Type 155 was not
found. Please make sure that Type155.dll is in the "Userlib" folder"

The type55.dll is well in the Userlib folder.

I have read on a topic that I must have a 32bits version of Windows. I
am currently running on Windows 10 64bits.

May you please confirm that I have to install a 32bits version of
Windows or do you have any suggestions to couple properly Trnsys and
Matlab.

Kindest regards,

Jean-Christophe Vallée

Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay, France
Politecnico di Torino, Italy