[TRNSYS-users] The trombe wall

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Apr 14 17:04:49 PDT 2016

Issmail,

We have also written a newer version of the Trombe wall that we have
used on several design projects. The model integrates well with Type 56
and we can provide information on the model if desired - let us know.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 04/14/2016 7:01 pm, Alastair McDowell wrote:

> Hi Issmail,
>
> Our online TRNSYS course that we have recently launched (https://learn.trnsys.guru/shop/trnsys-e-learning-series/ [2]) has a three-part course on building modelling in TRNSYS. This section is capped by an assignment which will guide you through the process of a designing a 3D building in SketchUp, and then include a Trombe Wall on the building, complete with a control strategy.
>
> You will also learn how to calculate the comfort level of the building (using conditional equations) to determine the relative increase of comfort before and after the installation of the Trombe Wall. This metric will help to improve the control strategy or design parameters of the Trombe Wall.
>
> Let me know if you are interested. Since you're a university student you will qualify for a generous discount on the course.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> ALASTAIR MCDOWELL
>
> Engineering Consultant
>
> ENERGY ANALYSIS & ENGINEERING - Enabling innovation for a sustainable future
>
> T: +61 450 600 842
>
> E: alastair.mcdowell at energyae.com
>
> 608 Harris St Sydney NSW 2007 Australia | http://www.energyae.com [3]
>
> FROM: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] ON BEHALF OF Issmail Ouhallou
> SENT: Friday, April 15, 2016 3:38 AM
> TO: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
> SUBJECT: [TRNSYS-users] The trombe wall
>
> ​Dear users, wish you are doing good !
>
> I am working on a building project ​in TRNSYS17 (my thesis project) and I would like to include the Trombe wall into my project simulation! Has anyone worked on a similar project? I will really appreciate your help ! Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> ISSMAIL

Links:
------