[TRNSYS-users] Using the ASSIGN statement

Christian Herløv Krintel s103618 at student.dtu.dk
Wed Apr 13 23:47:11 PDT 2016

Dear TRNSYS users,
I am trying to use the ASSIGN statement to assign a weather file to a
logical unit. I write in the control cards:

ASSIGN .\Weather\US-TMY2\US-AK-Anchorage-26451.tm2 99

But when I run the simulation I get the following error message: "An
ASSIGNED logical unit is already in use, either by the TRNSYS kernel or
by a Type". I tried to use different logical units, all with the same
error message. I made sure that the logical units I assign to are not in
use by other components by checking the .dck file beforehand.

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Best regards
Christian