[TRNSYS-users] Matched flow control for solar collector

Muthalagappan Narayanan muthalagappan.n at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:47:48 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am simulating a solar thermal system and we would like to have a matched
flow control strategy. For this, I tried with type 539 collector and also
with type 23 PID, but anyway I could not achieve it. When I use PID, the
set point is being checked with the collector outlet temperature and the
control signal is sent to the variable pump and during the simulation I
only see repeated oscillations between minimum and maximum control signal
value. I just PI controller and I tried almost all the possibilities, I
know. It would be great if someone has already implemented matched flow
control for the collector and could help me out for a solution or share
their ideas. Thanks

With Regards
Muthalagappan Narayanan
Hochschule Ulm, Germany