[TRNSYS-users] Error while importing idf file into TRN 3D

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Tue Sep 22 13:22:21 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am following the TRNSYS 17 documentation to import idf file into TRNSYS.

I am having issue while importing the idf file into TRNSYS and TRN 3D. I can import the first floor which just in single zone but after adding the second floor on top of first floor with second thermal zone; it gives following error while importing the idf file.

 (Error Surf-No: -1, description: no output specified, comment: please add at least on output) also, it does not show any zone under trnsbuild navigator window.

 I have also tried Google Sketch Up 2014 but it is giving same issue.

I will greatly appreciate any help!

Best Regards,
Sandeep Chahal