[TRNSYS-users] zones are not visible after opening (idf) file in TRNbuild

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Wed Sep 16 08:59:42 PDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

I am interested to run simulation with three thermal zones first floor, second floor and attic. I have created first floor with windows and a door. In Trnsys 3D google sketch up, first thermal zone has defined as first floor. ( no error no warning).

I am opening this (idf) file in TRNSYS by clicking new; 3D building project; open idf and create project.

Problem: after opening idf file in TRNSYS and TRNbuild both don't show any zone there but the idf file has one thermal zone defined as first floor.

Even after surface meshing; Same problem with (.idf) file which includes three thermal.

I have just started with TRNSYS; I will greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Sandy Chahal