[TRNSYS-users] 'request to help with idf file import in TRNbuild

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Fri Sep 11 15:06:08 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I tried importing the .idf file into TRNBuild but it says it can not locate the .b17 file. After trying to import my .idf file, it creates 2 more files in the directory. One text file that adds the extension '_trnsidf' and another .idf file that adds the extension '_ps.idf'.

I also tried to open the 3d building example .idf file that is installed with the program but that does the same as my .idf file.

>From the tutorial: "The wizard reads in the *.idf file that you chose and based on the information therein, generates a building description file (*.b17) and a TRNSYS Project File (*.tpf); a fully functional TRNSYS simulation is set up and the required links are generated. Note: The wizard uses now Type 15 as weather data component. If a different weather data format than *.tm2 shall be used, the weather data component can be replaced. "

while importing the idf it created _.b17 file. I have also tried to open file with b17 extension but it didn't work.

message I am getting is --- cannot open BUI-file(5) <H:\google sketch up\ab77.b17>

Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

Sandy