[TRNSYS-users] Strange behaviour type 50b

Alastair McDowell alastair.mcdowell at energyae.com
Tue Nov 10 14:11:57 PST 2015

Hi Benjamin,

Solar irradiance has the units of [kJ/hr.m^2], i.e. energy rate per unit square meter. It is quite likely that the magnitude of thermal energy yield (kJ) will exceed the integrated solar irradiance (kJ/m^2), if the surface area of your solar panels is greater than 2-3 m^2, depending on the thermal efficiency of the panels. Make sure you have taken the units and area into account in your calculations.

Kind regards,

Alastair McDowell
Engineering Consultant
Energy Analysis & Engineering - Enabling innovation for a sustainable future
T: +61 450 600 842
E: alastair.mcdowell at energyae.com
608 Harris St Sydney NSW 2007 Australia | http://www.energyae.com<http://www.energyae.com/>