[TRNSYS-users] Problem position HX in Type 534

Martin Berov martber88 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:15:35 PDT 2015

Dear TRNSYS users,

I need clarification regarding Type 534 -coiled (storage tank):

I modeled storage tank 1m3 with height of 2m divided in 5 nodes. It has one
immersed coiled HX with tube diameter do/di = 0.0424/0.0372m and total tube
length 32m i.e heat transfer area of 4,3 m2.
HX crosssectional area 0,53 m2 and coil diameter 0,75 i.e. the HX height is
0.706 m.

I had problems defining the position of the HX so at the end I defined two
nodes where I put 3 for HX node 1 and again 3 for HX node 2 with fraction
of HX lenght 0.5 for both nodes. So it's confusing me that the height of
the HX is 0.706m and one node height is 0.4m so is this correct or am I
doing some mistake?

I noticed that if I change the value for the HX wall thermal conductivity
for example from 42 W/mK to 420 W/mK I  get only 1% difference in solar
fraction...-is it possible?

Thank you

Kind regards
Martin