[TRNSYS-users] Best Way to Troubleshoot Convergence Errors?

Bradley Painting paintingbr at email.appstate.edu
Tue Jun 16 16:23:46 PDT 2015

I am getting a large number of convergence warnings. As I understand, this
means that the outputs of certain components are not stabilizing to
specific values at individual time steps. How can I figure out which
components are not converging? It reads Type "0" and Unit "0" next to each
warning message in the log. Each warning ends with "Reported information:
UNITS: 12 13 14 17", but I can't figure out what this means (what is Unit
number?).

I have tried using the TRACE feature, but without knowing where to start
looking within the list file, it is hard to figure out what isn't
converging. Thanks.

--

Brad Painting

Master of Science Candidate, Renewable Energy Engineering

Department of Technology & Environmental Design

Appalachian State University

Boone, NC  28608