[TRNSYS-users] Tank Temperature Beyond Boiling (Matt Duffy)

Bradley Painting paintingbr at email.appstate.edu
Mon Jun 15 15:17:51 PDT 2015

Matt,

It isn't that I am trying to limit heat transfer to the tank, but that it
is not realistic to have a tank of water over the boiling temperature. In
tank type 4 or 60 you can set the boiling temperature so that even if heat
is added to it as at nears boiling, the component will process the excess
heat as being lost as steam. It seems like there would be an easier way to
do this than with an external control.

If not, is there another tank type that simulates boiling, has an internal
heat exchanger, and doesn't have any major known issues? Thanks!