[TRNSYS-users] Type 64 and 67 shading mask

marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com
Thu Jun 11 00:25:34 PDT 2015

Dear Trnsys users,

I have a question about the possibility to use type 64 and type 67 together.

In my projects, I use to define a "geographical" horizon line, valid for all orientations, by type 64, and to use type 67 for masks due to near obstacles (trees, buildings, ...) (different for each surface). Self-shading from overhang and wingwall are taken into account by type 34.

Then, I connect outputs of type 64 to  type 67 and outputs of type 67 to type 34.

However, type 34 provide a parameter to say if radiation is provided by type 64 or 67, in order to avoid to take into account twice the sky view factor, but type 67 does not.

I wonder if this can have an impact on results.

Could you please give me your advice?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Marcello Caciolo
Responsable Outils et Méthodes d'Analyse Energétique
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0A426.F19D3A30]

Cellule Efficacité Energétique et Environnementale
INGÉNIERIE PROJETS
15 rue Nina Simone
CS 39601 - 44096 Nantes cedex 1
Tél.: +33 02 40 41 06 57
marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com<mailto:prenom.nom at aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com>
Le 26 mai 2015, nous emménageons au 15 rue Nina Simone - CS 39601 - 44096 Nantes cedex 1
Nos numéros de téléphone restent inchangés