[TRNSYS-users] TR: Window data generated by Window software lead to Trnsys Warning

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Tue Jan 6 04:23:02 PST 2015

Hi

I hereby post a late answer to an old issue thanks to Hanisch: see below.

I take this opportunity to ask a question concerning the 2-band radiation
calculation. Since non-visual glass properties are computed based on solar
and visual properties assuming a constant visual / solar radiation ratio
(0.466) I don't understand how a simple calculation with solar properties
only (1 band) would lead to different results regarding transmitted solar
radiation. By the way when I compute the diffuse transmittance as
QSTRNS/QSEXT for QSEXTBeam=0 I get the exact same value as the hemispheric
solar transmittance (Tsol Hemis) from the WINDOW data, whatever the value of
the visual transmittance.

Could you please explain how and why the 2-band calculation could differ
from 1-band calculation?

Best

--

Antoine Gautier