[TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

metkell yebiyo metkell at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 06:11:27 PDT 2014

Dear Trnsys Users,

I understand due to the nature of the interpolation
method the associated thermal outputs and COPs of a particular heat pump are
interpolated over a temperature field, as the inlet and outlet temperatures
vary during the operation of the heat pump.

Now my question is how does Trnsys deal with extraplation, in other wards how does Trnsys calculate the COP  values if the inlet and outlet  temperature are outside the given range of the manufacturer data. Lets say if the inlet and outlet temperature ranges of the heat pump is between 0deg C and 40deg C but the system is  given you a temperature of 45 deg C. Then how does Trnsys calculate the value of the COP at this new temperature?

Regards,
Metkel

Metkel Yebiyo BEng (Hons), MSc
CEREB PhD Researcher - Ground Source Heat Pumps
Room T615
Department of Urban Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Science and the Built Environment
London South Bank University,
103 Borough Road,
London SE1 0AA
Tel: +44 (0)20 7815 7639