[TRNSYS-users] feedwater heater question

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jul 29 10:56:29 PDT 2014

Looking at your setup, you'll need to use the CLOSED feedwater heater
and not the open feedwater heater. In the open feedwater heater, the
steam mixes with the entering flow and there are only 3 streams; 2 in
and 1 out. In the closed feedwater heater, the steam does not mix with
the condensate and there are four streams; two in and two out. In your
simulation you should connect the outputs of the steam side into mixers
that then mix with the condenser - see the attached image.

The definitions of the pinchpoints, the TTD and all other inputs and
parameters can be found by clicking the "More" button next to the name
in the proforma.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com