[TRNSYS-users] Speeding up TRNSYS simulation times?

Daniel Tallos u4847719 at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 15 00:57:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have two projects running, both simulations for 25 years of PV-battery systems. The first contains an Excel input type which acts as a discharge controller, and the second is identical but without the Excel type. It takes approximately 2-5 minutes to run the non-Excel type project simulation for 25 years. So far I have calculated that the 25 year simulation including the Excel model will take 2 hours.........

Is there any advice for speeding up this simulation time (i.e. can I change the tolerances? etc.) because I don't think this will be good enough for the amount of runs I will be running.

Thanks.

Daniel.