[TRNSYS-users] Type 557 number of radial regions, and number of vertical regions?

metkell yebiyo metkell at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 05:44:56 PDT 2014

Dear Trnsys Users,

I am looking at the effect of heat extraction and dissipation to the performance of heat pump and
also to the ground temperature distribution over time.

I am using the ground heat exchanger type 557 to simulate the ground temperature variation.

I have 176 energy piles, 26m deep.
10 piles connected in series.

so my question is:

What is the number of radial regions, and number of vertical regions?
how do I find out how many radial and vertical regions I need?

Regards,
Metkel

Metkel Yebiyo BEng (Hons), MSc
CEREB PhD Researcher - Ground Source Heat Pumps
Room T615
Department of Urban Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Science and the Built Environment
London South Bank University,
103 Borough Road,
London SE1 0AA
Tel: +44 (0)20 7815 7639