[TRNSYS-users] Modelling a Greenhouse in TRNSYS (Vegetation)

Knut Erik Enerstvedt knut.erik.enerstvedt at gmail.com
Wed May 28 06:22:26 PDT 2014

Hello,

You are on the right track concerning modelling greenhouse vegetation. As
you suggest, you can create a Type for the vegetation and use outputs of
heat transfer rate (kJ/hr) and water vapor flow rate (kg/hr) as inputs to a
Gain in Type 56. Model equations can be found for example in this PhD
thesis:

Hendrik Feije de Zwart, 1996: "Analyzing energy-saving potensials in a
greenhouse cultivation using a simulation model". PhD. Dissertation,
Landbouwuniversiteit, Wageningen.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Knut Erik Enerstvedt