[TRNSYS-users] heat pump cannot effectively control the temperature

Enyuan Hu bearcharge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:13:00 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm trying to use air-to-air heat pump (type 954) to heat and cool a zone.
I chose the ventilation mode and closed the heating and cooling mode in
type 56. However, I found that the heat pump was not able to control the
zone air temperature within the set range. The set point for heating was
20C and for cooling, 24C. But the zone air temperature can be as low as 8C
when outside temperature is around -20C. Should I increase the power of
heat pump by changing its parameters? if so, what parameters should I
change? or should I adopt multiple stage heating/cooling (and how)? Thanks!

Enyuan