[TRNSYS-users] Setting "front / back" coupling for interzonal airchange in type 56 - TRNFLOW interaction?

Marion Hiller Hiller at Transsolar.com
Wed Jul 30 01:58:14 PDT 2014

Philip,

I agree that this definition isn't very clear for adjacent walls.

In general, the first layer of a wall construction is facing the zone/airnode.
A non-adjacent wall is always FRONT. You don't need to define front/back because only one side of the construction can face the zone/airnode.

For adjacent walls only one wall construction is defined and  it isn't clear to which of the 2 zones/airnodes the first layer of the defined wall construction is facing.
Therefore, you need to define FRONT/BACK with respect to your wall construction definition.

Marion

________________________________
Von: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] Im Auftrag von Philip
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2014 10:10
An: David BRADLEY; trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Betreff: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Setting "front / back" coupling for interzonal airchange in type 56 - TRNFLOW interaction?

Dear David,

Thanks a lot for your helpful answer!
I got the airflow part right.

However, the front/back issue is not clear to me and I could not find an explanation in the documentation.
Please have a look at the following sketch:

  *   is this the correct setting?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFABE4.BE2431D0]

Sorry for the probably easy question, but at least for me it is not totally clear how to define it.

Thanks a lot!!

Philip