[TRNSYS-users] Effective use of overall glass transmission coefficient by Trnbuild

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Tue Feb 18 02:11:09 PST 2014

Hi

Looking at the documentation p. 5-111 (Window data used by the Type 56) and
5-167 (Heat Flux between Window Panes) I do not understand what is the exact
use of the overall glass transmission coefficient in Trnbuild. Indeed it
seems that the overall transmission is rather computed based on the physical
properties of glass and gap layers. If the value from the Window file is
indeed used could you please confirm me the actual ambient conditions: have
they been changed to be closer to the standardized ones?

Thanks a lot for your help

--

Antoine Gautier

Solamen