[TRNSYS-users] View Factor Matrix + Log File not created

Ajit Naik anaik at dbhms.com
Mon Feb 17 13:49:46 PST 2014

Hello All,

Has anyone ever run into a problem where Trnbuild doesn't successfully create/write a VFM file? I am running into a situation with a particular b17 (others work fine) where I can create a shading matrix (the *.shm and associate *.log is created and calculated fine), but I cannot create/write the VFM file. When I attempt to do so, it says "file generation completed", but lists  "-1" under errors, and the *.log and *.vfm files are simply never created. Other threads in the archives seems to indicate problems with missing building geometry in the *.b17 file, but this is not the  case here. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Ajit

Ajit Naik
Energy Engineer