[TRNSYS-users] air contact

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Fri Feb 14 07:48:18 PST 2014

Dear Karol,

You can merge both zones to one zone and two airnodes. Please have a look into the manual 5.4.1 for the difference between airnode and zone.

1.       if you draw the building in SketchUp, you need to define the wall as a virtual surface, to merge them in TRNBuild ,use the 180° arrow on the upper left site of the zone window

2.       If you define the wall manually in TRNBuild ,you can add directly another airnode to the zone.

After merging you have two airnodes in the zone and you might need to define an air exchange see 5.2.4.10.

Best

Jochen Lam
TRNSYS Software Team

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
Curiestraße 2
70563 Stuttgart
Fax:        +49 711 67976-11
Email:    jlam at transsolar.com<mailto:jlam at transsolar.com>
Web:      www.trnsys.de<http://www.trnsys.de>

Von: trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu] Im Auftrag von Karol Bandurski
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Februar 2014 15:24
An: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] air contact

Dear All,

I wondering how are you model air contact:

there is two zones (e.g. two rooms) and they are connected by air (e.g. doorway), there are no mechanical ventilation or intensive, one direction, air flow.

I think to assume some massless construction between this zones, but what resistance will be appropriate? Or maybe some both direction air flow, but how can I assume the value of the flow?

Do you have some idea?

Kind regards,
Karol

Karol Bandurski MSc.