[TRNSYS-users] How to simulate the heating demand of a village or a neighborhood?

Mateo de Guadalfajara mateog at unizar.es
Wed Feb 12 06:17:09 PST 2014

Dear Jordi Jové

I have been in the same point as you are right now.

TRNSYS is not easy to use at the beginning but it is a very useful tool.
I reccomend you to do some tutorials (you can find them online) to start.

After, you can do your first models from available models that already
exist, that makes things easier.
Following this link you can read my Master Thesis "Evaluation of Central
Solar Heating Plants with Seasonal Storage for the residential sector in
Spain".
In Annex B you will find a complete description of a TRNSYS model,
including a TRNBuild simulation to have a dynamic thermal energy demand.
The document is in Spanish, if you are not spanish speaker I will try to
find an English version.

Regards,
             Mateo de Guadalfajara

Mateo de Guadalfajara
Universidad de Zaragoza
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Group of Thermal Engineering and Energy Systems (GITSE) - Aragon Institute
of Engineering Research (I3A)  http://i3a.unizar.es/

Escuela de Ingeniería y Arquitectura (Ed. Betancourt)
C/ María de Luna, 3
50018 - Zaragoza - Spain
e-mail: mateog at unizar.es <serra at unizar.es>