[TRNSYS-users] Error reading buifile

Marion Hiller Hiller at Transsolar.com
Tue Feb 11 00:33:42 PST 2014

Huy Tung,

Did you draw the model using the plugin Trnsys3d?

If you draw a surface in Trnsys3d it gets automatically assigned a "name" which is an arbitrary combination of numbers and characters.
This field isn't an input and shouldn't be modified by the user in order to avoid errors.
During the import in the Trnsys Studio, the *.idf file is translated into a *.b17 file and thereby the surface names are converted into
unique surface IDs.
The error messages shows you the zone and airnode name and the surface ID which is causing the error. I would recommend that you open the b17 error
In a text editor and search for the surface ID and replace it by an unique number.

Marion

________________________________
Von: trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu] Im Auftrag von Tung Nguyen Huy
Gesendet: Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014 09:04
An: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Error reading buifile

Hello,

I made the house model by Google Sketchup Pro and match the surfaces by SURFACE MATCHING tool. However, when I use TRNSYS Simulation Studio to run the *.idf file. It notices an ERROR READING BUIFILE - "WALL SURFACE NUMBER IS NOT UNIQUE".

Please help me how to fix or how to avoid those errors. I met those errors many times, so I cannot do my work further.

Thank you so much.

Yours sincerely,

Nguyen, Huy Tung