[TRNSYS-users] Photovoltaic Pumping

Georgios Kyriakarakos gk at aua.gr
Wed Dec 17 00:54:24 PST 2014

Dear Sergio Morales,

The problem is most likely in unit conversion. E.g. the unit used as output from one component does not match the unit the other component needs as input. You can go over this in numerous ways like inserting a calculator and making the unit conversation there, between the two types.
Since you are investigating PV pumping, I would suggest that you download and take a look at the MSc thesis of J. Eckstein, in which he developed routines for PV pumping water (not just a pump model). In the past I have used these routines successfully. Of course these routines had to be added manually to TRNSYS code.
The thesis can be downloaded directly by the corresponding university using the link below:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/publications/theses/eckstein90.zip
The TRNSYS code is available in the Annexes of the thesis (in the past it used to be available in TRNSYS website as well).
Best regards from Greece,

George
Dr. George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
PhD, MSc Energy Systems & Renewable Energy Sources
Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Natural Resources and Agricultural Engineering
Iera odos street, 75, Athens 11855, Greece
Tel. +30.210.5294046 (direct), Fax:+30.210.5294023
Mobile +30.6942.046895
e-mail: <gk at aua.gr>