[TRNSYS-users] Inaccurate result for the energy gained by the fluid in the collector

afolayan ayoola afolayan_ayoola at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 03:09:14 PDT 2013

Hello TRNSYS user,
                               I am modelling a system for solar domestic hot water heating with the following components: Pump (Type 3b), Controller (Type 2b), Collector (Type 1b), Tank (Type 4c) with the weather component Type 109-TMY2 (Larnaca-Cyprus). After running the simulation, i try to calculate the useful energy gain by the fluid in the collector monthly on excel but the graph am getting seems not to be logical. I repeat the same process but with a different weather data for 2 different cities, Istanbul and Konya and the result/plot was better compare to the one i got for Larnaca. Meanwhile, my case study is on Larnaca-Cyprus. Please i need to know why am getting a poor result for Larnaca.
     Please find attached copy of my graph for your referral.
     Thank You

Ayoola Afolayan
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus.