[TRNSYS-users] how to create a new component using open source program and compiler?

Yi Lu yi.lu at funature.net
Thu Sep 5 02:46:24 PDT 2013

hello trnsys users,

I'm trying to couple openfoam with trnsys, so a new component will be
needed. I don't find a solution directly, so the plan is to do it myself.
1. I can only use the opensource program, my choice is code::blocks with
MingW. I tried both C++ and Fortran. I cannot build the DLLs with the files
exported by Trnsys studio. maybe there are some special configurations to
make it right. Has anyone of you done this before?
2. which language should I use? because openfoam uses C++, so l'm inclined
to C++. but i don't get much information about developing trnsys with C++.
The official manual is also written for Fortran development.

I hope i can get some advice here.

best regards!
Yi