[TRNSYS-users] Data reader: how to always read the last row of a file

SUNLIANG CAO caosunliang at msn.com
Fri Nov 15 05:42:08 PST 2013

Dear all,

I have a question about the "Data Readers" in TRNSYS. Normally we use Type 9 as data readers in our simulation, which read the data file either from the first line (row) or skipping several lines (rows) from the first line (row).

However, is there any data reader in TRNSYS which can always read the data file from the "last line (row)" of the data file?

For example, certain data file is connecting to a monitoring system, and continuously generates new data rows. And we need to always use the last row of that data file for the TRNSYS simulation at each time-step.

Kind Regards,
Sunliang Cao