[TRNSYS-users] Cooling load input

Flynn Ciaran ciaran.flynn at aalto.fi
Tue May 14 01:48:52 PDT 2013

Hey Mohamed,

Guidelines for cooling (and cooling external to type 56) are given on page 82 of the Volume 5 manual "Multizone building modeling with Type56 and TRNbuild".

What you could do is use a Type 9 data reader to input your data into TRNSYS. To do this, in TRNBuild, you can create an input from the navigator window. Then in the Gain type manager, you can add a gain type and set the power to the negative of your input data (see manual for further details). Finally, you assign the gain type to the zones of choice in your building, and connect your type 9 data reader to your type 56.

Hope this helps,
Ciarán