[TRNSYS-users] Problem with TRNSYS batch mode since 17.01.0025

Glueck, Christian (FSM) christian.glueck at kit.edu
Sun Jan 27 14:50:22 PST 2013

Dear Mailing List,

for doing parameter scans, I've had an external script modify the TRNSYS
input file / the deck file and then save a copy of it as
"variation_deck.dck". Then I called trnexe.exe with the modified input
file to run the simulation and appended the output files to a general
output file before running the next variation step and so on.

Problem is, since the new version came out (not verified, just
assuming), trnexe.exe does not write any output files anymore, at least
not in the same batch mode as before.

If I call trnsys the following way from the command line:

c://trnsys17//exe//trnexe.exe "C:/path/variation_deck.dck"

it starts the simulation (plotters show and run through without /n /h
switches) and it gives me a .log, a .lst, and a .PTI file, but **no
output files** from the **printers** of the simulation. The same syntax
worked fine with 17.XXXX19.

However, if I call TRNSYS like this

c://trnsys17//exe//trnexe,exe

a browser window comes up from which I can select the .dck file to run.
If I select the exact same .dck file from the browser window, the
simulation runs as expected, with all the output files created.

It seems there is a (new?) difference in passing the input file as
argument to trnexe.exe and selecting it from the browser window.

At the moment I cannot run any parameter variations, which is a problem.
Please help if you know a fix to this.

Best regards
Christian Glück

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie