[TRNSYS-users] Tank losses in general and Type4

Michael Diekerhof Michael.diekerhof at web.de
Sun Jan 13 04:23:52 PST 2013

Dear all,

I´m working with Type 4 to simulate a stratified storage tank.

I have a question due to my results. If the storage volume (liters)
increases of course the absolute tank losses (Wh) are getting higher as
well. But how can i show that the relative value decreases if the
storage tank gets bigger? The literature says, that the relative tank
losses decrease with a higher tank volume since the relation of volume
to surface increases.

But even if I compare the "tank losses" to the "energy from heat
source", the relative value gets higher with a bigger storage tank.

I am very thankful for any suggestions to answer this question.

Best,
Michael