[TRNSYS-users] Hybrid dessicant dehumidifier

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jan 8 14:13:11 PST 2013

> I am wondering if some one has made a TRNSYS component for this
> thing, or if there is a way to model it with existing ones.  The
> DryCool HD dessicant dehumidifier by Munters.  See screenshot below
> from the manual.

You can use one of the available air-source heat pump models and then
direct the outlet air streams from both sides of this model across a
desiccant coil model.  I've done it on a few projects and it works well
provided you can get enough catalog data to create the required heat
pump data files.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com