[TRNSYS-users] Example "SDHW" - how to set max. "temperature to load"?

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:14:36 PST 2013

If you are talking about the standard “SDHW” example, I think Type 11 is in
fact operating correctly, but the plotted TDHW variable is not always
meaningful. Type 11 does not have any thermal mass, so when there is no
flowrate through the tee-piece the outlet temperature is undefined. In that
case Type 11 outputs the temperature at inlet 1 (i.e. the tank temperature,
which is indeed sometimes much higher than 45 °C).

If you add a pipe (or anything with thermal mass) after the tee-piece you
will get a nice constant plot at 45 °C. I am attaching a modified SDHW
example with such an outlet pipe.

Michaël Kummert

Polytechnique Montréal