[TRNSYS-users] type11b

Simon Janse simonjanse at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 04:04:33 PST 2013

Hey all together,
I have a problem regarding type11b (mode 5). I want to use it to
seperate a mass flow into one part which is going into a multiport
thermal storage which is getting heated by a boiler and the other part
directly into the tee-piece where the hot flow of the tank arrives as
well. I want a temperature of 35°C behind the tee-piece. The flow
arrives at type11b with 25°C and is leaving the thermal storage with
temperatures between 42°C and 58°C. This temperature I set as Heat
source temperature and the set point temperature  to 35°C. Flow2 to the
storage to doubleport1 which outlet is going into the tee-piece and
flow1 directly into the tee-piece.
Now my temperature behind the tee-piece varies between 25°C and 48°C
(the temperature in the top of the storage never drops under 40°C). I
cannot find out what I set wrong to just get a constant flow (the flow
rate differs on a monthly base) at a temperature of 35°C.

As I'm getting a little desperate here I'd be glad for any help!!

Best regards
Simon