[TRNSYS-users] TYPE 80

Brembilla Christian christian.brembilla at aalto.fi
Fri Aug 23 04:52:10 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I have a problem with TYPE 80. I would like to see the convective coefficient for back side of surface change in time.

I tried to set TYPE 80, I started in TRNBuild and I chose the INPUT keyword , HBACK3, then in Simulation studio I connected TYPE 80 Convective coefficient for back side of surface with TYPE 56 HBACK3, and them I plot it.

When I run the simulation the convective coefficientfor back side starts from 0 and it remains always constant at a about 9.5. I done the same thing with VERTICAL and the result does not change.

I can set the convective coefficient for front side of surface with TRNBuild chosing internal calculation.

Questions:

-someone could explain me how to use INPUT especially the difference between HBACK3 and VERTICAL.

-how select a proper surface, for instance I would like to see the convective coefficient for the surface facing to the south, for the surface facing to the north and so on.

Regards

Christian