[TRNSYS-users] Help with two parallel ground loop heat exchangers simulation (Borehole and Horizontal Loop)

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Thu Aug 15 17:28:05 PDT 2013

Hello.

I think the problem can be interpreted in this way.  As mentioned by Jeff, the
outlet temperature is calculated in a specific way according to the ground heat
exchanger model.  However, the water circuit outside the ground heat exchanger
tends to bring the outlet temperature back to the inlet temperature,
particularly if you do not add any thermal mass in the external water circuit.
In this sense, both the inlet and outlet temperatures decay at no flow amd they
appear to be the same.  Hence, I think the problem is in the horizontal loop
system.  Su, is the same external system used when employing the vertical and
horizontal ground heat exchangers?

Best Regards
Chun Kwong LEE
City University of Hong Kong